As a Referral Coordinator, you’ll have the support you need to reach your career goals. DHG Medical Centers provides high quality services to all our patients, it is our referral coordinators job to guarantee that all medical office procedures are handled effectively and in a timely manner. Referral Coordinators will be working with highly trained staff in a fast paced and multi-specialized center. Focusing on internal medicine and cardiology, it is of the upmost importance that referral coordinators are able to handle high volume referral requests as we work very closely with specialist. Providing solutions for our patients is our number 1 priority, this means helping them along the way for any medical needs and ensuring satisfaction.
Miami Gardens Position: 18921 NW 2nd Ave, Suite C, Miami, Florida 33169
- Insurance Verification
- Obtain Patient Information
- Authorization required for proper patient treatment and referrals
- Receive, track, and obtain insurance authorization from in-network and out-of-network insurance carriers for new patient and follow up visits
- Process physician referral orders (EMG, CT, MRI, etc.)
- Work with insurance portals in order to access patient authorizations and information
- Accurately enter notes into EMR regarding letters or correspondence from insurance companies regarding insurance authorizations or other notifications. These documents should be scanned into the appropriate patients chart in our system.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of medical terminology, high proficiency of general medical office procedures including HIPAA regulations
- High school or general education degree (GED)
- 3-4 Years of experience as Referral Coordinator
- HEDIS experience 2-3 years at least